Marketing Communications Specialist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing—our talented team partners work with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. The Institutes have been named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the last four years. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Join a committed and experienced team of association management and non-profit executives to help develop and improve our member outreach. The Marketing Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for the communications and marketing for several of The Institutes’ affiliate organizations, including the CPCU Society, the International Insurance Society, and the Griffith Educational Foundation. The position will be develop and manage communications tools to grow membership, increase event attendance, and improve constituent outreach.
We are looking for a creative, open-minded individual who works well in a fast paced and changing environment. Do you have skills in marketing, writing compelling messages, social media, website content, time management, project organization, and problem-solving? If so, come join our team! This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a very collaborative cross department team environment with a go-getter attitude, and a sense of humor!
What You’ll Be Doing:
1. Develop and implement social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Monitor social media metrics to quantify success and suggest strategies for improvement.
2. Produce and distribute content-focused “newsletters” that include chapter/member/volunteer/attendee highlights to enhance and increase engagement and relevancy while encouraging ongoing conversations.
3. Write news releases, profiles, and stories highlighting the affiliates’ work and activities.
4. Manage video creation for campaigns. Review raw video footage and recommend/implement re-purposing opportunities.
5. Assist with drafting and sending blast e-mails for day-to-day needs.
6. Develop, update and maintain print and electronic collateral as needed.
7. Update and maintain website content working with internal teams. Assist chapter, interest group and other volunteer webmasters with content for their websites.
8. Assist with communication, presentation and marketing needs related to events.
9. Track communication metrics such as social, email, etc.
10. Coordinate with editing and design departments, as well as external partners.
11. Assist in building mobile apps for key events.
12. Collaborate with various departments throughout the organization.
13. Work with affiliate staff to ensure alignment in communications. This includes promotion of educational and networking programs across web, social media, e-mail, print and other distribution and marketing platforms.
14. Staff liaison to volunteer committees and task forces as assigned. Guide groups in meeting annual strategic goals, fulfilling group missions, and monitoring budget expenditures.
15. Potential travel to major events and programs as needed. Ensure successful onsite execution of events alongside affiliate teams.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. 3-5 years’ experience in in marketing communications with an emphasis on digital communications
3. Association or membership based nonprofit experience preferred. (Understand the difference between member and customer. Member Association is owned by members, created by members, exists to serve members)
4. Works well within a team environment
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, InDesign/Photo Shop customer management systems, website platforms, social media platforms. Ability to quickly learn new technologies
6. Experience with Informz, Higher Logic and iMIS a plus
7. Experience with Slack, Adobe, and Google Analytics a plus
8. General awareness of emerging trends impacting insurance professionals preferred
9. CAE preferred
10. Superb writer, comfortable in both long and short form; Strong editorial skills and experience
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
Free breakfast and lunch every day
401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
Paid maternity and parental leave
Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
Free on-site fitness center
A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path
Information about The Institutes’ affiliates:
About The CPCU Society
The Institutes CPCU Society is a professional association of credentialed insurance professionals who promote excellence through ethical behavior and continuing education. The CPCU Society’s members, who number nearly 20,000 in 127 local chapters, hold the CPCU designation, which requires passing rigorous undergraduate- and graduate-level examinations, meeting experience requirements and agreeing to be bound by a strict code of professional ethics. More information about The Institutes CPCU Society is available at CPCUSociety.org.
About the International Insurance Society:
IIS serves as the inclusive voice of the industry, providing a platform for both private and public stakeholders to promote resilience, drive innovation, and stimulate the development of markets. The IIS membership is diverse and inclusive, with members hailing from mature and emerging markets representing all sectors of the re/insurance industry, academics, regulators and policymakers. As a non-advocative organization, the IIS serves as a neutral platform for active collaboration and examination of issues that shape the future of the global insurance industry. Its signature annual event, the Global Insurance Forum, is considered the premier industry conference and is attended by 500+ insurance leaders from around the globe.
About the Griffith Insurance Educational Foundation
The Institutes Griffith Insurance Education Foundation is dedicated to promoting the study and teaching of risk management and insurance (RMI) through our educational resources, including:
Scholarship funding for students interested in pursuing RMI careers
Grants to academic institutions to help develop new or expand existing RMI programs
Objective, nonpartisan programs and information for public policymakers, so they can make more-informed decisions on RMI-related issues
To learn more, visit GriffithFoundation.org.