Staff Software Engineer (Computer Vision)
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. As the industry leader, we’re working to ensure we’re the most connected platform in Agriculture. Through our partnerships, farmers can exchange data between the Climate FieldView™ platform and our partner connected solutions in just minutes.
We have an opportunity for a Staff Engineer position in our Geospatial Engineering Group to work with a team of specialized and highly experienced computer vision and remote sensing software engineers to help us enhance and expand our satellite and drone imagery processing systems. We ingest, archive and process vast amounts of multi-spectral space-borne and air-borne imagery and vector data that provide the maps and information that help our customers manage farming activities on their fields at a global scale. As a Staff Engineer in our team you will be tasked with the design and implementation of data-intensive high-performance satellite image processing systems and the operationalization of computer vision algorithms (including documentation, systems and algorithms analysis, design, refactoring, characterization, scaling out and up, parallelization, dependencies vetting, etc.) to expand our back-end capabilities. Your contributions will help the team deliver high-quality near-real-time actionable maps and value-added imagery analytics data to the company stakeholders and to our customers and help them make data-driven decisions. If you are passionate about innovation and excited about being a key contributor to building a sustainable business, we would love to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Analyze system and product requirements to design optimal architectural designs.
- Iteratively develop and implement evolvable designs for scalable sub-systems
- Participate and support the verification and validation of operationalized algorithms.
- Document operationalization designs, changes and configuration control processes.
- Lead technical reviews and perform technical risks management and mitigation.
- Coach and mentor junior members on the team in data-intensive systems design.
- Drive collaboration and coordination of across-teams work.
- Improve our software engineering processes towards the continuous improvement of reliability, scalability, and maintainability of all our systems.
- Demonstrable experience (8+ years) building highly-reliable production software systems that process and manipulate large volumes of imagery data.
- Solid understanding of computer science and computer vision fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of functional programming, object-oriented design, data structures, design, verification, and validation techniques, and complexity analysis.
- Experience in operationalizing computer vision algorithms for critical business systems.
- Experience working with AWS-based systems in production.
- Experience using Scrum best practices in software development projects.
- Experience writing reliable and maintainable code in Scala, Python, and/or Java.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams.
- Possessing a systems-thinking mentality able to go from detailed to general and back.
- Excellent leadership skills with high integrity, work ethics, humility, and self-awareness.
- Excellent listening skills with a high degree of empathy for others.
- Excellent ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced development environment.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and deliver value incrementally in the right direction.
- Passion for computer vision, satellite data processing, geospatial engineering, and maps.
- Master’s/ Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering fields.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com