Software Engineer, Web (Multiple levels)
By applying to this requisition you will be considered for backend roles ranging Software Engineer II, Senior, and Staff Software Engineer in our organization. We have multiple openings across our locations in San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Chicago. Please pick your preferred location during the application process. We will partner with you to determine level during the interview process.
What You Will Do:
Are you passionate about the web and web technologies? Are you motivated by solving problems with real-world impact? Do you want to help improve the lives of farmers and help protect the world's food supply? We are looking for creative and passionate front-end engineers to help build our next generation of products and services.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of Engineers, Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Managers, and User Experience experts to craft an experience that will impact the face of farming.
- Work with an open, inclusive team of frontend engineers who are committed to continuous improvement.
- Participate in code reviews to share knowledge, help each other learn new things and take pride in making our code better.
- Write comprehensive tests (unit, integration, automation) to improve quality.
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with modern CSS.
- Experience with git or other distributed version control system.
- Experience building and debugging apps on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari and mobile browsers).
- Interest in working with a team that values testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience developing single page applications.
- Experience working with Product and Design to ship ground-breaking features.
- Champion of web standards, accessibility and modern web development industry standards.
- Experience with test-driven development and tools like: Mocha, Jasmine, WebDriverIO, Jest.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent