Senior Product Manager - Ag Retail / Large Farm
Climate FieldView is the industry leading agricultural software platform. To maintain this edge, the Climate Product team is constantly striving to bring innovation to market. We do this by putting our users first. As a Sr. Product Manager you'll work with customers and subject matter experts to identify customer need. You will partner with design, data analytics and science teams to understand the retailer pain points, validate product concepts in the market and articulate a clear value proposition. You’ll partner with engineering to gather requirements, create specs, and partner in developing product. And finally you will work with the sales and marketing teams to develop go-to-market materials and ensure that the product is successful in the market.
You will be part of the newest Product team at Climate - FieldView for Retail. In agriculture, retailers are the agronomists and salespeople that recommend farming practices, sell seed and other inputs and provide services (e.g., scouting) to farmers; in the US agronomic retail is a $40B market.
The attributes of the role are listed below:
- Own the end-to-end product development cycle for Climate’s newest global product suite: FieldView for Retail
- Empathize with our customers and deeply understand their pain points and diverse points of view
- Use this customer knowledge to define, test and refine new product concepts for retail customers
- Build lightweight prototypes to define product concepts
- Partner closely with your Engineering and UX Design Leads
- Draft and maintain tight, but flexible product specs that speak to the various user groups across the organization
- Keep the long game in mind. We are looking for a systems thinker, with a strong bias towards building scalable capabilities.
- At least 4 years s/w PM experience and with a proven track record launching SaaS products
- High attention to detail and ability to manage complex projects ensuring that both the high level goals are met and the nitty gritty details are correct
- Excellent design sense and ability to create simple, intuitive interfaces and products that users love
- Adaptability across all phases of product (or project) cycle from concept to launch
- Technical interest and aptitude that enables you to partner closely with our engineers. You don’t need to be able to code a feature yourself, but understanding the technology stack is critical to success
- Passion for diving deep in the data. Extra credit: SQL, and/or experience using usage analytics to improve customer journey process.
- Experience in enterprise software development a plus
- Excellent Product / UX intuition. Show us what you have built and how it has made a positive impact on your users' lives and businesses.
- Interest in experience with agriculture is a huge plus.
- An international mindset - today our products span 15 countries.
- Intellectual curiosity and a proven ability to learn quickly
- Independence / the ability to drive towards a solution based on a defined problem
- Superior written and oral communication skills
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference