Project Lead, Network / Security
Position Overview:Are you a
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. The Cloud Operations team creates a competitive advantage for Climate and our customers by deploying a world-class cloud infrastructure for our engineering organizations. As the Cloud Network and Security Engineering Lead in CloudOps, you will drive improvements and enhancement of security, reliability
- Lead and inspire a team of world-class engineers to enhance Cloud infrastructure (VPCs
,,DNS, Certs renewals, Networking, Security Groups, CDN) security and availability using monitoring, service health dashboards, operational playbooks
- Lead development and support for Comprehensive Logging (VPC, Cloudtrail) and Data Asset Management effort.
- Diagnose and resolve core networking and security infrastructure issues in AWS
- Partner with Internal and External stakeholders to drive central security incident response management processes for Climate incidents.
- Drive remediation of security vulnerabilities for all of AWS Infrastructure
- Champion and evangelize identity access management and other cloud security best practices to enhance
securityof Climate.com’s compute, data and batch resources.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with multiple teams to define priorities, procure/align resources and deliver the most impactful core infrastructure improvements for the organization.
- Drive cloud engineering organization to keep our networking and security infrastructure modern and scalable to new markets and products.
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of core cloud infrastructure engineering at The Climate Corporation.
- Mentor team members in core networking and supporting infrastructure skills. Assist in guiding their professional development and career growth
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
yearshands-on technical leadership experience working with fast-paced and dynamic engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience developing in large cloud-based distributed environments
- 2+ years experience working in SRE, CloudOps, DevOps or related organizations
- Experience with any public
cloud basedprovider such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Compute
- Relevant Cloud security certifications (CISSP, CCSK, AWS security etc).
- Expertise in open source monitoring systems (Prometheus, Sensu), NewRelic and SPLUNK.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Docker Containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g Kubernetes, Amazon ECS)
- Solid Expertise with Amazon’s security toolset (Inspector, KMS, Organizations, GuardDuty, Macie, Shield etc)
- Familiarity with distributed data platforms (e.g. DynamoDB, Hadoop, EMR, Spark, PostGIS, ElasticSearch)
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages (Python, Java)
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers. We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent