Intern: Software Engineer
The Climate Corporation is looking for talented and motivated Computer Science or Engineering students with solid CS and Programming fundamentals for several of our engineering teams. Our software helps farmers around the world protect and improve their farming operations with uniquely powerful software and hardware products. You will work as a Software Engineering intern on a team in one of several areas. As a Software Engineering intern, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing and deploying new products and services in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
What You Will Do:
- Back-end/Platform Services - Large-scale distributed services for applications and data management. We use a mix of Java, Ruby on Rails, Python and Clojure code. You will work primarily on the back-end services that power our web and mobile applications. These cloud based services are built on AWS infrastructure and are designed for 7x24 operation, with manageability, availability, reliability and scalability in mind.
- Mobile - Phone and Tablet application development for both the iOS and Android platforms. The applications complement our Web Applications by providing unique mobile device specific capabilities and core functionality to improve farming and insurance operations.
- Science - Large-scale distributed data services for scientific computing (we use Clojure)
- Data Analytics- we work with big-data and invest considerably in our analytics capabilities. You will work with Hadoop/Map Reduce, RDBMS and data visualization tools
- Enrolled in a degreed program in a technical or STEM-related field during the duration of the Summer 2019 internship
- Knowledge of an object oriented programming language
- Knowledge of software engineering or server-side Internet technologies
- Intellectual drive to learn anything
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Stellar academic record or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with command-line tools on a Unix shell
- A desire to work on hard problems
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities, and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.