The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. The Data and Analytics team is focused on creating a competitive advantage for Climate and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing analysis and engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. We are looking for a Data Engineer to not only build data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems but also to build the next generation of data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's products, data consumers and analysts. We are looking for a candidate with knowledge of data warehousing and experience with ETL tools.What You Will Do:
- Help design and build a Multidimensional Data Warehouse.
- Build and maintain the core data model, data pipelines, core data metrics
- Work directly with stakeholders across multiple functions (Science, Marketing, Sales, Risk, Finance, Product) to define needs/requirements.
- Champion data warehousing best practices
- Develop and build infrastructure in an AWS cloud environment
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the data pipelines
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Provide expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of data systems to end consumers of the data
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science, math, economics, engineering or another related technical field
- 2+ years of SQL experience as applied to ETL tools (Informatica, Kettle, Talend, Vertica,
- Experience with relational databases or
- 2+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses.
- 2+ years of scripting experience (shell or python)
- Experience with massive scale relational databases (MPP) is a plus (Vertica/Redshift/Teradata).
- Experience working in a cloud deployment such as AWS is a plus
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org