Lead Teacher, Spanish (3rd-8th Grades)
At The Children’s School, our community and curriculum intentionally reflect the world in which we live. In fact, our community is one of the most diverse among all of Atlanta’s and the nation’s independent schools. Our commitment to inclusion creates an environment where children and adults are free to be their authentic selves.
We embrace play in everything we do because it is essential to the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and cultural development of our young children and young adults. Our joyful and nurturing campus in the heart of Midtown Atlanta supports students to take risks and challenges them to make a positive impact on our ever-changing world.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Lead Teacher, Spanish to start immediately. Candidates should have depth and experience in Spanish in a World Languages setting.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for student learning, classroom instruction, and curriculum creation/implementation, in accordance with the mission and philosophy of the School.
Day to day, a Lead Teacher of Spanish will:
- Communicate, collaborate, plan, and work effectively
- Motivate, nurture, and challenge students
- Play a meaningful role in each student’s daily school life
- Establish and maintain a creative, self-directed and collaborative learning environment
- Gathers formative and formal feedback about student progress to guide student learning and planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Applicable experience working with children
- Understands the identity development and learning processes of early adolescents
- Skilled at establishing meaningful relationships with students as a critical foundation for student engagement and academic achievement
- Possess the following characteristics:
- Contagious optimism and enthusiasm
- Honesty and Integrity
- Collaboration-mindedness, empathy, self-awareness and reflection
- Intrinsic motivation, initiative and high standards
- Adaptation, resilience, iterative mindset and willingness to take risks, fail and recover
- Critical thinking, inquisitiveness, boundless curiosity and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort in the use of digital technology and media
- Master’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience teaching children in a classroom setting, preferably in grades 3-9
- Concentration in Spanish
- Passion for and experience in the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion
The Children's School is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We believe that in order for children to fully, sensitively and effectively engage in their communities, they must possess strong local, cultural and global competence. To that end, we learn from and enrich ourselves with multiple perspectives and welcome people of any country of origin, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender expression, gender identity, physical appearance, race, religious choice, family structure, sex, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.