Extended Day & Summer Learning Coordinator
At The Children’s School (TCS), our community and curriculum intentionally reflect the world in which we live. In fact, our community is one of the most diverse among all of Atlanta’s and the nation’s independent schools. Our commitment to inclusion creates an environment where children and adults are free to be their authentic selves.
Our age 3 – grade 8 students experience challenging academics embedded in a nurturing environment. Our innovative curriculum uses immersive play- and project-based learning to engage students, connect them to the community around them, and encourage them to make a positive impact on our ever-changing world.
The Children’s School seeks an experienced full-time Extended Day & Summer Learning (EDSL) Coordinator to start immediately.
This role focuses on day-to-day management of administrative execution in conjunction with and on behalf of the Director and Assistant Directors of EDSL. This includes, but is not limited to, all EDSL written communications for the program, office management, planning, purchasing, Enrichment program coordination, and data reconciliation in Veracross (our online student management application). This role also assists administratively with campus-wide special events (i.e. theatre productions, student assemblies, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Minimum Qualifications:
- Some college preferred; High School diploma required
- A minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated success in providing administrative support, logistics and project management support, and/or experience creating and implementing processes and procedures and/or events
- Excellent attention to detail, high accuracy, and focusing abilities, as well as ability to easily prioritize, multi-task and jump between tasks as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative nature and good listening skills
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Resilience and tenacity to drive processes, to follow-up and follow-thru in sometimes complex situations
- Analytical and systems/process thinker
- Self-motivated/driven to accomplish high volume work
- Strong organizational and planning skills