Virtual, Remote Node.js Engineer (5112 )
Taylor is looking to expand our growing digital team! We work with some of the most recognizable brands in the word on delivering their brand. We are seeking a talented Node.js engineer for our Minnetonka, Minnesota location. As a Node.js Engineer, you will be given the responsibility to collaborate with developers, UX, and product owners on key projects that enhance and grow our solutions. You will be tasked with leveraging innovative tools and technologies to deliver powerful digital solutions that provide a simple, scaled, and responsive buying experience to users.
- Development of a testable, extensible and highly scalable web services based on specified user stories
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Quality Assurance team to define, size and implement user stories
- Drive iterative delivery of the application, moving quickly from MVP to more robust features and functions
- Collaborate across teams and development channels to integrate disparate systems
- Create system design artifacts and other technical documentation, as required
- Think creatively and contribute new ideas to the team in terms of best practices, patterns and technologies that would lead to delivery efficiencies and speed-to-market
- Learn and understand the business domain and how the system we are building aligns with business goals and objectives
- 3+ years of experience developing service-based applications using Node.js
- Experience working on teams that practice TDD (Test Driven Development) or BDD (Business Driven Development)
- Understanding of microservice architecture and RESTful API integration patterns
- Experience using Node.js for automation and leveraging NPM for package managment
- Experience working in a DevOps/Continuous Delivery environment and associated toolsets (i.e. Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Experience with implementing test frameworks for unit testing and build acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Solid Object Oriented design experience, and creating and leveraging design patterns.
- Experience implementing SASS or equivalent high performance environments
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, start-up like environment
- Experience leveraging node.js frameworks such as Express or Hapi.
- Experience with distributed source control management, i.e. Git
- Familiar with ES6+