Press Assistant (3rd shift) (7857 )
Taylor Communications is growing and looking for seeking a Press Assistant in Dallas, TX, Responsibilities include assisting in the set-up, clean-up, and running of label presses and operating a non-color basic press, preparing cartons, or packing, as needed.
- 12-hr shift (alternating 3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
- 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.,
- Assist press operators as assigned in the set-up, clean-up, and running of label presses.
- As needed, operate basic non-color press to produce stock labels.
- Prepare cartons and pack finished label products according to job specifications, handling product with care to prevent damage of, or errors to, finished labels.
- Monitor quality of finished product according to standards. Refer quality problems or product errors to press operator or sift supervisor for resolution.
- Prioritize work schedule as necessary to minimize production downtime and to meet order completion date.
- Follow safety procedures and assist the press operators in the upkeep of the work area.
- Act as backup to other production staff as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Good verbal communication skills are necessary to interact with press operators and other staff to complete assignments
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position, walking or standing most of a 12-hour shift
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to follow detailed instructions concerning job specifications
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication
- Ability to read a ruler
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual duties and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work assignments
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage of our health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial, and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.