Category Manager (8432 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Category Manager to develop and implement procurement strategies that optimize business partnerships with strategic suppliers and drive the required performance in cost, quality, service and innovation. This position is responsible for supplier selection, contract & price negotiations, supplier performance management, and problem resolution. This position will cover many Direct/Operational spend categories, and based on the candidate, there may be an opportunity for Indirect spend categories.
- Monday – Friday
- Responsible for supporting the development of assigned category, contract, and supplier performance management strategies that support company objectives
- Manage assigned category by initiating category reviews with all stakeholders, conducting opportunity analysis, and developing category strategies in compliance with the agreed sourcing strategies of company
- Lead the category management activities for the assigned portfolio including managing and implementing category strategies from initiation through to execution inclusive of ongoing research, benchmarking industry best practices, and continuous improvement while leveraging cost / supply chain opportunities
- Use innovative procurement solutions to continuously improve the value, quality and service received within the assigned spend areas
- Incorporate effective sourcing, supplier relationship management, risk management, and internal improvement / demand management practices
- Develop and monitor contract management process ensuring executing contracts as defined by company guidelines
- Negotiate and execute purchasing agreements as portfolio dictates
- Establish, lead and facilitate Supplier Relationship Management meetings with key suppliers to maintain operational effectiveness through the supply chain for assigned portfolio
- Actively set up and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for identified suppliers
- Ensure support in the resolution of supplier related quality or service issues including mitigation plans and support
- Continually evaluate and monitor market conditions and adjust sourcing strategies accordingly
- Responsible for communicating all project updates, milestones, etc. to team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in Supply Chain sourcing or procurement with a focus on raw materials (e.g. printing substrates such as papers or film, corrugated, graphics, pressroom) and/or Indirect categories (e.g. technology systems and software, marketing, communications).
- Experience leading strategic sourcing programs within a large, diversified manufacturing environment
- Strong collaboration and influential management skills as evident by cross functional alignment and delivery of initiatives
- Experience working cross functionally on projects and goal achievement
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Able to communicate effectively through written and oral methods in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Ability to conceptualize, organize, explain and execute
- Ability to negotiate and achieve strategic and tactical outcomes
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.