Account Manager (8016 )
Marketing General Inc. - http://www.marketinggeneral.com/ - is a marketing agency that focuses 100% on helping not-for-profit trade and individual membership associations grow revenue. We are a narrowly focused organization with deep expertise in this area. We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team! This position is responsible for managing all aspects of direct marketing campaigns. The ability to work well independently, manage priorities and projects to ensure that client projects are implemented on time and within budget, work as member of a team and contribute to a successful team effort and travel locally and to out-town meetings as needed.
Monday – Friday in the Alexandria, VA office.
- Provides project management to assigned clients
- Prepares project concepts and draft copy to clients for approval
- Establishes project management schedules and budgets for all campaigns
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance: researching and recommending new opportunities, recommending profit and service improvements. Keeping in constant contact with the client via regular scheduled meetings, either in-person, telephone and email communication.
- Interacts with internal departments including Production, creative, Lists and Data services to execute and deliver campaigns.
- Prepares, edits, proofreads draft copy, artwork and proofs. Prepare reports by collecting, entering, analyzing and summarizing statistical and analytical spreads
- Maintains quality service by learning and following established schedules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years total experience / 3+ years experience in marketing or related field
- Experience with basic marketing concepts, printing, mailing, online, and computer service industries
- Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment, have excellent PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to deliver quality customer service
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively accomplish multiple tasks required
- Experience with nonprofit organizations/Agency
- Working knowledge of direct response marketing techniques, nonprofit industry best practice
- Hands-on experience creating, analyzing and reporting on campaign and testing data
- Experience managing acquisition list selection, file segmentation strategies, testing structures, and data base functions
- Experience to identify what short- and long-term goals need to be met and how to meet them