Receiving Handler (2nd shift) (7128 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Receiving Handler to perform the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the warehousing operations. The position is responsible for the receiving, handling, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items.
- Monday – Friday
- 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintain work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Unload trucks, freight cars, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Coordinate and/or transport equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment.
- Count, weigh and identify items and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received.
- Ensure that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Maintain records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped.
- Pick, wrap, and pack products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment.
- Ensure that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Operate standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Willing and able to operate equipment or machinery that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of related / relevant experience to position or specialization.
- Apply basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization.
- Requires an attention to detail.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.