3rd Shift Finishing Assistant (7656 )
Schmidt Printing is seeking a Finishing Assistant to assist the machine operator in the manual and machine tasks involved with set-up, maintenance, and operation of the finishing equipment including; collating, folding, and cutting.
- Monday – Friday, 11 pm – 7 am
- Read instructions from job tickets and SOP book, sets up skids, cartons, mailing sacks, trays, racks, and tags accordingly.
- Monitor codes.
- Place samples and labels on product according to instructions.
- Assist operator in completing checklist and other paperwork.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cutter.
- Assist on other bindery equipment when workload dictates.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Mechanical ability.
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player.
- Demonstrated reliability through attendance, punctuality and the ability to stay in work area and/or workstation.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Ability to use hand-truck and/or hand pallet jack and motorized forklifts.
- Regularly required to stand, reach and move about the facility.
- Must demonstrate a good safety attitude by understanding and following all safety guidelines.
- Ability to lift and/or grasp up to 50 pounds. Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Perform in accordance to production standards.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Work pace is set by the equipment
- Standing and walking majority of the shift.
- Changing working environment
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Schmidt is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies, a forward-thinking organization that is uniquely positioned to recognize and capitalize on new opportunities. Our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor Corporation is one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 13,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Schmidt Printing provides unique, targeted and measurable digital and web-offset printing solutions to marketers across the country and around the world. Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in the direct marketing, retail, magazine publishing, events, franchise and healthcare vertical markets.
Schmidt Printing is located in Byron, Minnesota, just outside of Rochester, which was recently voted 6th in Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine 10 Best Cities for the Next Decade.