Staff Accountant (8644 )
Taylor Corporation seeking an energetic, professional and highly-organized Staff Accountant to work in North Mankato, MN. This opportunity will support the full cycle accounting process for Taylor Corporation and its affiliate companies. The position supports several company entities in various aspects of the financial cycle including; annual budgets, monthly variance analysis and financial reporting. Reporting to the Accounting Lead, this position is accountable to identify, communicate and perform accounting best practices according to GAAP. Responsibilities also include significant interaction with company entities leadership and financial teams.
- Monday – Friday
- Prepares company(s) financial statements.
- Assists in preparation of company budgets.
- Performs variance analysis.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, including bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assists in projects as needed.
- Assists in year-end audit.
- Identifies, communicates and performs accounting best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required with 2+ years’ General Ledger experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicate effectively through written and oral methods in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated competence and excellence in spelling and grammar skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills-forward thinker
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective and efficient time management skills
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.