3rd Shift Folder Operator (11pm - 7am) (7422 )
Schmidt Printing is seeking a Finishing Folder Operator to performing manual and machine operator tasks related to the operation of paper folding machines.
- Monday- Friday (11pm - 7am)
- Read instructions from job tickets and set up folder based on instructions.
- Run samples for approval by designated personnel.
- Complete checklist and other paperwork for the cutter.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the helper during run.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the folder.
- Operate or assist on other bindery equipment when workload dictates.
- Demonstrate good safety attitudes and expect same from helper.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Responsible for training additional crew members as needed.
- Physical demands while performing the duties of this job include the following: required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Mechanical ability.
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player.
- Able to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Ability to use hand-truck and/or hand pallet jack and motorized forklifts.
- Ability to lift and/or grasp up to 50 pounds.
- Perform in accordance to production standards.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Work pace is set by the equipment
- Changing working environment
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Schmidt is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies, a forward-thinking organization that is uniquely positioned to recognize and capitalize on new opportunities. Our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor Corporation is one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 13,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Schmidt Printing provides unique, targeted and measurable digital and web-offset printing solutions to marketers across the country and around the world. Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in the direct marketing, retail, magazine publishing, events, franchise and healthcare vertical markets.
Schmidt Printing is located in Byron, Minnesota, just outside of Rochester, which was recently voted 6th in Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine 10 Best Cities for the Next Decade.