12 hr pm Cutter Operator (6 pm to 6 am) 5 week rotation (7421 )
Schmidt Printing is seeking a Finishing Cutter Operator to performing manual and machine operator tasks related to the operation of paper cutting machine.
- 3 days plus Sunday Overtime. 5 week rotation
- Read instructions from job tickets and set up cutter based on instructions.
- Run samples for approval by designated personnel.
- Complete checklist and other paperwork for the cutter.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the helper during run.
- Perform preventative maintenance on cutter.
- Operate or assist on other bindery equipment when workload dictates.
- Demonstrate good safety attitudes and expect same from helper.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Responsible for training additional crew members as needed.
- Physical demands while performing the duties of this job include the following: required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and timely while ensuring quality and production standards are met.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player.
- Able to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Ability to use hand-truck and/or hand pallet jack and motorized forklifts.
- Ability to lift and/or grasp up to 50 pounds.
- Perform in accordance to production standards.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Work pace is set by the equipment
- Changing working environment
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Mechanical ability.
- Attention to detail
About Our Company
Schmidt is dedicated to helping our people maximize their potential in order to deliver the best results for our customers. With our Employee Development Process, you identify your Schmidt Printing career goals, and then work with your manager to help align your goals with the goals of the company. By participating in the Employee Development Process, you’ll stay current on the latest knowledge and skills necessary for success in an ever-advancing workplace. At Schmidt, career advancement is based on a promote-from-within philosophy. Once you’ve chosen a path, your manager will help you set goals and find challenging assignments to help ensure expanded career mobility.
Knowing that professional satisfaction is achieved through personal development, we’re committed to developing your technical and professional skills. Whether you’re a web-offset press operator, customer service representative or an accountant, Schmidt provides employees with a variety of development opportunities including:
- On-the-job training.
- Enrollment in classes offered by Schmidt and Taylor Corporation for professional development, including technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Taylor Corporation Scholarship Program provides scholarship opportunities for students attending 4-year and 2-year universities and colleges, and vocational/technical schools.
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
1101 Frontage Road NW
Byron, MN 55920
Phone: (507) 775-6400
Fax: (507) 775-6655