Packaging Warehouse Clerk (8737 )
Prime Pork is seeking a Packaging/Warehouse Clerk. Under general supervision, the clerk will perform varied clerical duties, requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. These duties will be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, office machine operation, exporting paper work, billing of trucks and filing keeping track of packaging supplies and re-ordering in a timely manner.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address concerns.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Count, weight, measure, or organize packaging materials.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Open, sort, route and answer correspondence.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Process and prepare documents.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Other duties upon request.
- 1 to 3 years warehouse experience
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes: perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, walk, bend, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a daily basis.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Computer experience.
At Prime Pork, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
The Prime Pork, LLC plant is located in Windom, MN. Prime Pork is a specialty pork plant focusing on taste and quality with a premium product. Doing things differently, Prime Pork is bringing to market a state-of-the-art pork processing facility focusing on genetics, animal health care and quality feed as a response to the public’s changing preferences in farm-to-table, local food. Prime Pork is part of the broader Taylor family of companies. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7503 or firstname.lastname@example.org