Buyer (7770 )
Schmidt Printing is seeking a Buyer to be responsible for providing detailed specification on print products, obtaining quotes from our preferred vendors and maintaining excellent communication with internal customers.
- Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- Gathers information from sales, customer care, and customers (when necessary) to develop detailed specifications for various print product categories. Using these specifications, solicits bids and quotes requests to qualified vendors using the company designated processes and procurement tools. Determines best pricing and best value. Provide Sales with proactive communication regarding progress of quote request while working within tight time deadlines.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties related to the purchasing / sourcing function.
- Executes the purchasing of supplies and services and processes POs based on approved requisitions for materials, inventory and merchandise.
- Compiles and maintains information and records to prepare purchase orders.
- Enter requisition requests and prepares purchase orders.
- Consults catalogs and other references to obtain prices and specifications.
- Maintains files and records of materials, prices, inventories and deliveries.
- May contact vendors and suppliers for quotations, and follow up on outstanding purchase orders.
- Applies standard formulas to calculate extensions and discount applications.
- Requests credit from vendors due to defective material.
- Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of various product categories related to custom print manufacturing.
- Minimum 3-5 years significant custom print purchasing experience.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to maintain a positive and calm demeanor at all times.
- Energetic, motivated, willing to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written, including problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in a team environment and fluid organizational structure.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Accuracy in all work.
- Ability to prioritize own wide-ranging work load.
- Be self-directed and adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Schmidt is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies, a forward-thinking organization that is uniquely positioned to recognize and capitalize on new opportunities. Our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor Corporation is one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 13,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Schmidt Printing provides unique, targeted and measurable digital and web-offset printing solutions to marketers across the country and around the world. Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in the direct marketing, retail, magazine publishing, events, franchise and healthcare vertical markets.
Schmidt Printing is located in Byron, Minnesota, just outside of Rochester, which was recently voted 6th in Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine 10 Best Cities for the Next Decade.