Revenue Accounting & Financial Reporting, Supervisor / Manager (7745 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Revenue Accounting & Financial Reporting, Supervisor / Manager to work in our Dayton, OH location. This position will assist with internal reporting, instituting best-practices for month-end processes, revenue recognition & revenue forecasting, technical accounting research, new accounting standard implementation, written policies and procedures, and other complex accounting. In addition, the position will support the entire Company by ensuring month-end revenue transactions are recorded timely and in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Working in collaboration with the business, the Supervisor will assist the VP Finance, Controller in refining month end processes, assist in evaluating risks to the financial statement environment, and provide cross-functional training focusing on ensuring that all month-end sources are properly transacted across the enterprise. This individual will be required to remain current with rapidly evolving financial system integration projects within the company.
- Monday – Friday
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Manage the month-end process for financial statements and cash flow – including streamlining the reporting cycle.
- Conduct technical accounting research to identify appropriate accounting treatment for revenue recognition and other unique transactions
- Assist with implementation of new accounting standards and manage training program for departmental personnel
- Develop written accounting policies and procedures as needed
- Assist all facets of the business in developing business practices and written policies for revenue recognition that will meet their desired outcomes and US GAAP requirements, and monitor compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policies including revenue accounting entries in the close process.
- Monthly closing activities, including journal entry review and reviewing general ledger account reconciliations to verify transactions have been recorded properly
- Comply with internal controls to protect the assets of the company
- Provide and participate in cross-training as appropriate
- Provide analysis and support for auditors as needed
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting required
- 4-8 years’ experience in industry accounting and/or public accounting
- Well-developed interpersonal skills - ability to establish credibility, make decisions, and forge relationships
- Possess a collaborative style with the ability to work and communicate effectively with peers and management
- Ability to mentor and challenge accounting staff
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical accounting requirements to a non-technical audience
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and strong analytical skills, interest in identifying and resolving problems
- Strong working knowledge of and technical proficiency in revenue recognition & US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of computer financial accounting systems (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, PeopleSoft, etc.) and Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required
- CPA or CMA certification is a plus
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.