Shipping and Receiving Clerk (7472 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Tampa, FL to prepare all out-going shipments for freight carriers and to receive, record and store all incoming materials.
- Monday – Friday, 12-8PM
- Unload trucks and check shipments to ensure that the material ordered is correct according to quantity and size
- Receive all stock and supplies and confirm that packing list conforms to Purchase Order and associated documents for correct items and quantity
- Inspect all packages for damage and tag all raw stock before storing
- Advise purchasing of any discrepancies and submit all receiving documents to purchasing
- Maintains production records as required
- Process and prepare all customer orders for shipment according to standard operating procedures
- Wrap skids of boxes to ensure all product arrives at destination together and in excellent condition.
- Prepare bills of lading; check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Ensure that products processed for shipping are shipped utilizing the correct courier.
- Load shipments on freight carrier
- Enter shipping information into the appropriate computer systems
- Maintain and organize adequate shipping supplies
- Use forklift and manual pallet jacks as needed.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous fork lift driving experience
- 2-5 years of related/relevant experience to position
- Good computer skills including experience and ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Ability to work in face paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret work tickets and instructions and interpret numerical data
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Strong mathematical skills and attentive to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to read and write English
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50#
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.