Material Handler, Warehouse - Blue Nights (7431 )
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with loading, unloading trucks and moving material within the warehouse to and from the loading platform. The position is also operates hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, computer and scanners.
- EOWEO Schedule; Blue Nights
- 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Enter record of material being moved in and out of the warehouse into inventory software on daily basis
- Operate forklift and power jacks safely observing all safety rules, utilizing horns and maintaining proper speeds
- Stage all raw materials for orders at production equipment in a timely manner
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with Production Supervisors to ensure necessary raw materials and product are available for shift
- Perform shipping and receiving functions, including: wrapping and banding pallets, loading and unloading trucks, preparing appropriate shipping documents and entering receipts into inventory
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Use all designated Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Behave in accordance with Travel Tags, Inc. Core Values
OTHER JOB DUTIES (Not considered essential to the job)
- Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Desired: Associates degree in Business or related field
- 2 years in warehouse and/or shipping role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Radio Frequency Scanner (RFS) system (preferred)
- UPS Worldship and/or Fed Ex ShipManager software (preferred)
- Standup and sit-down forklift experience
- Other desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to become certified on a forklift
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, process oriented and organized
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and is able to handle other tasks as assigned
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
OTHER REQUIREMENTS/EQUIPMENT USED, IF APPLICABLE
- Office Equipment (this may include computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)
- Power Jack
- Scissors Lift or other access equipment