Mechanical Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift) (7219 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician in Dallas, TX to perform general facility maintenance, electrical work, and machine work to condition or re-condition label presses and equipment. Responsibilities include helping to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on presses and other plant equipment as assigned.
- 12-hr shift (alternating 3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
- 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Identify and repair problems in a timely manner.
- Adjust work schedule to handle equipment breakdowns while minimizing production downtime.
- Troubleshoot related processing problems (e.g. roller settings, static interference, etc.) and coordinate with operator to resolve.
- Operate precision equipment to perform repair of equipment (e.g. lathe, milling machine, arc welder, drill press, band saw, etc.)
- Carry out electrical work in wiring, troubleshooting electrical controls
- Perform preventive and routine equipment maintenance according to established schedules.
- Complete required paperwork (work orders, equipment logs, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Require 5 years minimum related experience.
- Production experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to multitask and maintain focus on priorities
- Math skills including shop math (decimals, fractions, percentages and linear scales)
- Ability to read
- Proficient with reading mechanical drawings
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity, electronics, and related measuring equipment
- Proficient with manual machining, including vertical milling, lathe, drill press, and surface grinder.
- Proficient in calculating speeds and feeds
- Must have exceptional workmanship to +/- 0.002 tolerance
- Prefer press/label operator experience and experience with computerized/mechanical equipment
- Custom tool design experience
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage of our health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial, and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.