Shipping and Receiving Clerk (R2388 )
Hours 7:00am - 3:30pm
High School Diploma or equivalent
Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise
- Operates material handling equipment that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. in an incident and
- May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintains work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Reports to Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor or Manager.
- Load and unload trucks, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment.
- Count, weigh and identify items and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received.
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source
anddestinationof materials received or shipped.
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons
andother containers prior to final packing for shipment.
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Operates standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines.
- Prior warehouse/receiving experience
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive
benefitpackage including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantageour health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com