Warehouse Operator - 3rd Shift (7825 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Materials Handler to operate the Receiving Dock and Warehouse in Shelbyville Indiana on 3rd Shift. The position is responsible for loading/unloading trucks, placing and stacking material in a warehouse, unstacking and inverting paper rolls for processing, delivering material to printing presses, and completing all required paperwork to receive, transport, inventory, and store incoming materials.
- Monday – Friday
- 3rd Shift (11 PM – 7 AM)
- Operating Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) in a safe and responsible manner.
- Conduct daily safety inspections of PIV’s, hoists, and other material handling equipment.
- Unload trucks containing, paper rolls, cut-sheet paper, ink, and manufacturing supplies.
- Safely store received material into warehouse.
- Complete inventory transactions for receiving and storage functions.
- Anticipate the raw-material needs of printing presses. Deliver materials to presses to assure uninterrupted operation of press.
- Unpackage production supplies in preparation for processing on printing press.
- Ensures that adequate production supplies are available to Production (cartons, shims, etc.)
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1 - 2 years previous experience in manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual duties and attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate to enter data into inventory systems.
- Good verbal communication skills are necessary to interact with press operators and other staff to complete assignments.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions concerning job specifications.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication.
- Ability to read a ruler.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work assignments.
- Demonstrated record of consistently good attendance/punctuality.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well as Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.