IT Supervisor - AdHoc Project Management (R1724 )
IT SUPERVISOR - ADHOC PROJECT MANAGEMENT
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned
- Serve as a liaison for IT Manager(s), development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Works with Business analyst to translate and document client business requests into written IT baseline detailed business requirements using standardized artifacts.
- Translation of new client onboarding (from both internal and external audiences) into formal proposal process capacities including timeline and deliverable expectations and the expressed scopes of work.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives during new client onboarding, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manages and communicates job prioritization working with various stakeholders and IT team - acts as a gate keeper.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with Client service, Sales & Operations for the purpose of meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Ensure that all prioritized projects are delivered on-time.
- Manages resource availability and forecast allocation to meet project deadlines.
- Manage and enforce change management to project scope, project schedule using appropriate verification techniques
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress and perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of project management and business analysis.
- Working with IT Director and Manager in managing project personnel responsible for implementation of the project tasks [holds and chair regular works meetings, prioritization of work, motivate staff, manage conflicts and crises].
- Participation in R&D Team Meetings and prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
- Mentor, lead, train employees in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Oversee the daily activities of the AdHoc team.
- Must be able to work extended hours on short or no notice
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Team of 5-12 technical resources with the following roles: Data processing using SQL or flat file including CASS, NCOA and postal presort processing, Variable template development using XMPie or Quadient Inspire and limited C# programming tasks.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Support the Client Services and Sales team for new business onboarding as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 5+ years total professional experience in the role of an IT project manager, project coordinator or System analyst.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a project manager
- 2+ years of experience with employee supervision.
- Experience required in Project task prioritization, resource scheduling and delivering work in established timeframe.
- Experience with multi-tasking, multi-processing fast paced IT environment.
- Experience in negotiating and communicating deadlines with internal/external stakeholder is a big plus
- Detail oriented and effectively manage multiple priorities in a busy production environment
- Possesses and applies a moderately broad knowledge of business principles, practices, and procedures.
- Can read, understand complex standard requirements artifacts requirements matrices and process maps.
- Knowledge of resource capacity planning & forecasting
- Knowledge of Data processing and Database technology.
- Knowledge of Composition tools such as XMPie, Quadient Inspire, Pageflex, InDesign, OpenText Exstream, etc.
- Working knowledge of prepress and variable data printing is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in Marketing/Advertising, Print Industry and USPS Mailing requirements is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science or Information System or project management is preferred.
- One or more related certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), PMI- Professional in Business Analysis(PMI-PBA), PMI-Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) or similar is preferred but not required.
COMMUNICATION: Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written communication form information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff and management.
COGNITIVE LISTENING: Pertaining to the mental processes of perceiving, thinking, and remembering; Awareness with perception, reasoning and judgment; ability to think, learn and retain.
TECHNICAL: Translate technology requirements from internal personnel to external customer and vice versa. Become familiar with basic creative design and layout as it relates to project and processes. Learn internal software applications as required by account. Learn, comprehend and utilize web and data development concepts to coordinate the development of technical solutions.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to collect the necessary information and listen to others to make decisions regarding project(s) and processes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Work with a variety of personalities and skill sets across Units and / or departments
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic mathematical operations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to compute ratios and percentages.
PRIORITIZATION: Handle frequent interruptions yet refocus on the task at hand or determine the most important tasks. Adapt to a fast paced, high stress and changing environment.
POSITIVE OUTLOOK: Looks for the positive qualities in others and focuses on what is “going right”; maintains a positive focus during challenging, or negative situations, and helps employees work through to a successful outcome; acknowledges the “brutal facts” of a tough situation without becoming discouraged or discouraging others.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Seeks information, performs data analysis, develops and considers alternatives, adjusts approach, demonstrates decisiveness, and gains commitments.
ORGANIZATION: Ensure information can be found easily and tasks are completed on time. Pay attention to details. Maintain accuracy and quality.
ACHIVE RESULTS THROUGH PEOPLE: Build teams, Create an team environment, encourage constructive dialogue, clarifies roles, goals and direction, facilitates understanding and agreement, encourages effort, monitors performance, follows-up to sustain efforts, and celebrates success.
ESTABLISHES DIRECTION: Scans the environment, identifies issues and opportunities, evaluates options, assesses risk and establishes strategic direction
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: (to include technical/equipment skill capabilities, regulatory and/or licensing requirements)
- Strong communication skills across a range of channels.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Listening and asking questions to confirm understanding.
- IT Managed Services background a plus
- Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) required.
- VISIO & MS Project is a plus
- Experience with Task management tools like Jira is a plus.
- Respect and maintain confidential information
- Excellent time management skills
- Should be able to Travel if needed.