Process Improvement Intern (7981 )
The Occasions Group (formerly known as Carlson Craft), the preferred printing partner for all of life's events, is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Process Improvement Intern who will work closely with lead individuals to assist with a variety of special projects that relate to enhancing and improving our business processes.
This individual will be responsible for tasks such as: reviewing our current web-based office help manual for revisions, updates, layout and content; research and data analysis; creating, editing and standardizing our standard operating procedures (SOP’s) along with providing feedback and implementing new best practices as it relates to process and customer experience.
We offer a breadth of products such as invitations, announcements, and much more! This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to gain knowledge, experience, and advancement opportunities, as well as the desire and passion for providing top-notch quality and service.
- Flexible working hours per week, with a minimum of 15 hours required.
- Support the goals to improve and strengthen our business processes
- Support the goals to improve and strengthen employee knowledge of process and procedure
- Analyze, propose and execute on improvements and enhancements to our web-based manuals
- Work on a variety of special projects based on business needs and business priorities
- Manage multiple projects as directed
- Notify lead of problems that will impact timelines and/or quality
- Various analysis and research including day to day and long term, including “what if” scenarios
- Collaborate and support supervisors, managers, and lead personnel to improve steps/workflow, create documentation, and implement changes as business needs dictate
- Recommend methods for, and execute on identified process gaps and target improvements in business operations
- MS Excel skills required (knowledge in formulas, functions, Pivot tables, charting, linking multiple workbooks, macros is preferred)
- Working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with entry to intermediate-level web creation, design, implementation
- Provide open and timely communication
- Able to analyze, compile, and communicate data results
- Problem Solver
- Strong written communication skills (reporting and/or SOP writing)
- Strong interpersonal skills; must enjoy working collaboratively with cross-functional departments
- Ability to work independently, and be a self-starter
About our Company:
The Occasions Group is a group of companies set out to be the preferred printing partner that provides consumers with products and services that celebrate life in all of its occasions. Our companies strive to provide our retailers and end customers with the newest designs, services, technologies, and tools needed for selling and ordering our robust line of products. We offer everything from wedding invitations, graduation and baby announcements to party invitations, holiday cards, and so much more! Our commitment to our partners is to make it easy and smooth to do business with us, which is where you come in! We are looking for motivated individuals that want to join a team that prides itself on respect, passion for customers and for work, contributing fresh ideas, as well as sharing responsibility and accountability.