Cold Side Supervisor (5603 )
Prime Pork is seeking a Cold Side Production Supervisor. Reporting directly to the Production Floor General Superintendent, position will lead a group of production floor employees while assisting in the day to day operations of the cut floor. Responsible for maintaining quality, production rates, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible and accurate record keeping.
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a group of hourly and salary manufacturing associates.
- Oversees fabrication of product according to established production schedule.
- Ensure that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Adjusts manning at 'tables' to accommodate different products, ensures that proper product is being produced according to schedule and consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and yield standards are met.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors all work areas for cleanliness and ensures that product contamination is kept to a minimum.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Assures that all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instructions.
- Oversees training/ cross training of assigned staff, appraises performance and initiates discipline process.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by reporting policy infractions to HR and being involved with taking appropriate disciplinary actions. Performs accident investigations.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years' prior pork plant supervisory experience and leadership skills in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of pork cuts, yields, and production processes.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- General knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety regulations.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, kneel, crouch, grasp, lift, talk and hear.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
At Prime Pork we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
The Prime Pork, LLC plant is located in Windom, MN. Prime Pork is a specialty pork plant focusing on taste and quality with a premium product. Doing things differently, Prime Pork is bringing to market a state-of-the-art pork processing facility focusing on genetics, animal health care and quality feed as a response to the public’s changing preferences in farm-to-table, local food. Prime Pork is part of the broader Taylor family of companies. Contact Linda at Prime Pork 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.