Customer Service Manager (7809 )
Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) manages a staff of customer service professionals. The CSM is responsible for our teams’ ability to establish and maintain relationships with customers on behalf of the company by ensuring all customer requirements and needs are completely met. As the CSM, you must be able to personally ensure your team can convey a sense of expertise in our products and solutions to customers. The CSM is also responsible for communicating internal and external customer requirements to other functions and with CS teams, in accordance with company policies and procedures. The role is responsible for implementing and leading change and always looking for a better way to service our customers. CSMs manage and help their teams’ manage customer relationships. CSMs must also effectively recruit, hire, train and retain talented members of the CS team. This individual also knows how to best coach, mentor, manage and lead performance goals and how to resolve customer concerns in a timely and effective manner. Strong motivation, communication and organizational skills are critical to this role. The roles success is driven by the success of the overall team. The CSM is viewed as the go-to person for process improvement, cross-functional coordination and relationship building consultation. The ability to seek and accept feedback from others while providing and learning to help others receive similar constructive feedback is an important part of this role. The CSM relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in line with the company’s strategy.
As a CSM, you play an integral part in meeting all company goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team
- Contribute to the company’s goals of achieving cost efficiencies by maintaining high productivity and quality standards.
You are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission. This position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism, because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity.
- Motivate, coach and lead a team of 12 – 19 members to deliver a consistent, exceptional customer experience every time.
- Recruit, hire, train, consistently coach and retain team members
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators and expectations are met.
- Manage efficiency by staffing customer service to meet the fluctuations in customer demands and programs.
- Maintain professional, proactive and effective communication while sharpening similar skills within the team.
- Own and elevate the customer experience regardless of issue or source.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with the operation of customer service within the company guidelines and policies.
- Ensure team successfully establishes, manages and exceeds customer expectations throughout any engagement
- Provide cross-functional leadership and represent voice of the customer at all levels of the organization to raise our level of overall performance.
- Openly communicate with peers, internal customers, management, operations, and learning & development staff to promote customer service needs and departmental standards and goals.
- Partner with Implementations, Accounting and other areas to successfully on-board and upgrade clients.
- Consistently review and provide input on training improvements for our teams.
- Validate work product reviews and necessary checks and balances are in place across the customer experience and identify improvement opportunities; provide constructive and documented feedback as needed.
- Help create action plans to operationalize company goals and objectives.
- Set priorities, track activity, manage workflow, identify opportunities and help allocate resources to meet customer deadlines and build strong business relationships.
- Foster a customer-focused team of driven individuals with an eye for continuous improvement and raising our level of service. Help the team implement change and manage through it as needed.
- Help teams understand and the customer articulate their needs.
- Develop teams’ ability to effectively present and discuss the products and services of the company to customers in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity, and superior understanding and delivery of customer needs.
- Act as a coach and mentor to members of the team and cross-functional partners.
- Continue to sharpen skills and drive personal growth while aiding others to do the same.
- Lead complex customer and company-focused projects and deliverables.
- Be available to support your customers and the team.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
- 4 year University Degree in Business or other related field or
- 12+ years of customer service or sales experience
- 4+ years’ experience managing direct reports
- 8+ years project management experience
- Document management, marketing, technology or growth industry experience
- Robust presentation skills and business presence
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent MS Office Software skills; Salesforce.com experience desired
- Advanced computer experience and ability to implement multiple new technologies.
- Team Atmosphere
- Driven, self-motivating individuals will flourish
- Highly customized solutions with an intense customer focus
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Appearance and professionalism at all times must represent the company image
- Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity all the while making it easy for our customers
- Role typically manages 12 – 19 on-site and remote team members and reports to a Customer Service Director or Customer Service Manager
About Our Company
Taylor Communications Inc. is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.