Software Implementation Specialist / Software Engineer / Software Support (8167 )
Taylor Communications/Healthcare is seeking a Software Engineer / Software Support / Implementation Specialist to design and implement software solutions for internal / external customers. Assist customers in resolving software issues/problems. The position is responsible for Software Support, Services, Implementations and Customer Satisfaction.
- Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5 or 9 to 6, with possible rotating 24 x7 after-hours, on-call responsibilities. Position is in Downtown Dayton office.
- Implement, modify, develop, and configure software applications. Support clients internal/external and installs software applications/operating systems
- Participates in the testing process through test reviews and analysis, testing and certification of software
- Support, plan and execute on delivery of problem resolution, Implementation plans, tests and troubleshooting system setups
- Provide training, documentation and support for external/internal, end users or customer Tier 1 support entities
- Adjust to new support and business opportunities
- Answer support requests. Respond to customers, log and update information in call tracking system
- Evaluate client needs, provide support and develop configurations that support business processes
- Occasion travel may be needed
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Certification in Computer Science
- 0-4 years of experience in software programming, software implementation, systems management and support (application focused)
- Understanding of HL7, ADT data structure, and Interfaces utilizing same
- Capabilities in XML, HTML, SQL, scripting, and programming.
- Skills with Corepoint HL7 Interface engine a huge plus
- Knowledge of Crystal reports or other SQL reporting tools also a plus
- Experience supporting, configuring and integrating complex software
- Experience supporting end users in a Help Desk or Field Service role
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Established knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Software Support field
- An understanding of basic functions of ERP, MRP and CRM systems (Call center tracking software usage)
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail, with the ability to create, edit, and refine technical documents
- Knowledge in Windows OS’s (server and desktop), Active Directory Domains, Networks, IIS Web services, load balancing and clustering are all largely favorable
- Experience with Server administration and Hosted Software Environments is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with VMware ESXi and/or Hyper-V server virtualization is favorable
- Familiarity with monitoring systems using tools such as Solarwinds, Orion is a large plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and / or Project Management is desirable
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.