Manager-Financial Planning and Analysis (7196 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis. The position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial guidance and analytics to all levels of management in order to inform key decision-making in pursuit of the company’s financial and operational objectives. This position may manage a team of Financial Analysts.
- Partner with Corporate Development to (A) research and evaluate potential merger or acquisition targets (B) conduct financial due diligence analysis of prospective targets; and (C) develop and implement synergy tracking
- Analyze industry and competitor prospects by gathering and evaluating information about growth, competitors and market share. Review financial statements and reports, study company operations and evaluate how a company or a new operation may fit within the Taylor organization.
- Analyze, summarize and report financial performance, KPI’s and trends for operating companies and corporate infrastructure
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business counsel to support project teams across the enterprise
- Develop and monitor annual budgets, monthly forecasts and month-end reporting of actual results, including variance analysis to forecast and budget
- Conduct reviews of business processes and expenditures to identify synergy savings and remove non-value added practices
- Assist IT Project Management Office with ROI reviews, corporate governance and cost monitoring of significant technology projects, beginning with initial assessment/approval through project completion
- Provide business/financial analysis and decision support that allows management to evaluate alternatives, make fact-based decisions, and evaluate the consequences of decisions
- Develop and prepare month-end performance dashboard and present results to cross functional executive management team
- Prepare business cases and analyses of investment opportunities by analyzing the NPV, IRR, and ROI of project investments and associated benefits
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to develop CapEx tracking tool and conduct formal cost/benefit post mortems for major expenditures
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related major
- Minimum 6 years of experience in financial analysis or public accounting
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business processes in a broad context
- Possess a positive, consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income. Proven track record of improving top and bottom-line results
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes including the ability to manage the work of others
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas of greatest risk are reviewed and issues are covered with management
- Ability to prepare executive-level summaries, conclusions and recommendations based on detail data. Equally as adept at searching, cleansing and compiling the necessary detail data from multiple systems and sources
- Ability to get results; proactively and autonomously drives initiatives and projects from start to finish, works with a sense of urgency
- Team player that thrives in both leadership and individual contributor assignments.
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution.
- PC literate with a proficiency in Excel and model building; ability to write persuasive and compelling executive presentations in PowerPoint
- MBA (completed or in progress)
- Experience working with multiple ERP’s and large databases
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.