Marketing Manager (8639 )
Taymark Inc. is seeking a Marketing Manager in our Marketing Department. This position will develop and lead the overall marketing strategy for assigned brands. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Shift is Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Additional hours will be required.
- Support the Director of Marketing by establishing sales, growth, and profit objectives through identification of key levers to drive results within assigned programs. Develops Sales, Marketing, and Strategic Program initiatives. Know our business – what drives results.
- Lead customer understanding initiatives by researching target market segments by demographics and/or characteristics through primary and secondary research. Including but not limited to recurring customer surveys, focus groups, attending relevant customer events, and tradeshows. Know your customers and target market.
- Engage in direct interaction with our customers to anticipate changes in needs and identify solutions which may include new product extensions and categories, New Markets, New Campaigns and Channels, etc.
- Lead competitor intelligence initiatives by identifying key competitors and collecting catalogs and other campaign materials, monitoring promotions, and reviewing other competitive information. Know your competitors - their strategy and their positioning.
- Communicate details of multi-channel marketing programs to sales, customer service, operations, and other departments involved with taking and fulfilling orders and campaigns.
- Determine and recommend overall pricing, promotion, and positioning strategy across channels within assigned markets to meet program objectives.
- Analyze results and develop multi-channel campaign strategies based upon promotional effectiveness of individual campaigns, campaign tests and contact stream tests. Campaigns and initiatives including but not limited to: direct marketing campaigns, Customer Service/Outbound, cross-sell/up-sell, catalogs, emails, solo mailers, promotions, fliers, postcards, On Hold Messaging, Reorder Mailings, Thank You Letters, Faxes, Small Books, Self-Mailers, Bundles, Sample Mailings, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the P&L, mail plans/contact stream, systems, reporting and the internal processes to produce an effective marketing campaign.
- Define and assist in execution of marketing campaign design, development, and the media selection and target audience. Collaborate with other marketing personnel, merchandising, analytics, creative and various other departments on these marketing campaigns.
- Develop and manage to marketing operating budgets for assigned programs.
- BS in Marketing or related field (MBA preferred) and/or equivalent experience of 5+ years of leadership in a multi-channel marketing environment
- Strong analytical skills in order to evaluate opportunities as well as to evaluate effectiveness of programs and determine go forward plan
- Experience in Customer Contact Plans, New Business Development and Customer Research
- Strategic, Driven, Adaptable, and Quick Learner
- Ability to work independently as well as across many different functional areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, and manage several tasks / projects at one time
- Strong Prioritization Skills
- Motivated team player with a high level of accountability and drive to set expectations higher
- Flexible; reacts positively to challenges and change; consistently responds with a can-do attitude
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taymark Inc. is a Taylor Corporation company located in White Bear Lake MN, and provides a full range of products and services to recognize the achievements of school aged children and the celebration marking milestones in their lives. We will respond with products for schools, teachers, parents, advisors and coaches to help develop children’s pride and confidence in their achievements and provide lasting memories of celebrations of significant events in their formative years. Taymark also provides Business Communication products such as; Letterhead, Stationery, Brochures, Post Cards, Holiday cards, Recognition certificates and jackets etc. Business units within Taymark include: Elementary & Middle School, High School & Prom, PaperDirect, M&N Party, and Fulfillment (Pick & Pack and Wide-Format Digital Print)