General Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift (8808 )
Prime Pork is searching for general, 3rd shift, maintenance mechanics, for their packaging plant. Candidates will work 2 weeks on days to learn the plant and then move to the 3rd shift position (9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.) This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing all equipment and company assets while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Prime Pork’s policies and procedures. Position may be required to work overtime and weekends if required. Maintenance positions are responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of equipment to maintain continuous production.
- Day to day maintenance and repair to equipment.
- Perform Labeling and Tagging of systems and/or checks for verifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair high speed food processing and packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical problems on production equipment.
- PLC’s knowledge a plus
- Support the plant equipment, and maintaining a safe plant meeting all federal, state and local environment requirements
- Work in all departments of this pork processing facility, performing preventative maintenance repairing equipment used in production such as conveyor lines, trolley systems, Rendering machinery, and hydraulic systems. Other duties may include welding, basic electrical work, and working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Experience and knowledge of high speed manufacturing /packaging equipment to include hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, valves, cylinders, case formers, labeling equipment, fillers, and conveyors. Knowledge of welding (S/S, Mig, Tig).
- Basic computer skills a plus.
- Licenses not required, willing to train.
- Applicant must have one year of Industrial Maintenance experience and at least six months of continuous work history with same employer within the last twelve months. Related technical school or training will be considered in lieu of Industrial Maintenance work experience.
- Must be able to climb including ladders, lift, work with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
- Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions.
- Must be able to set up, adjust and break down production line machinery.
- Must be able to complete computerized training programs and use SAP software to document completion details of preventative maintenance routines as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Must be able to read and write where required.
- Must be able to use math as needed to make work related computations for machinery, fluid capacities, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis and be able to stand for up to 12 hours.
- Position requires a drug test and background check.
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties.
At Prime Pork we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
The Prime Pork, LLC plant is located in Windom, MN. Prime Pork is a specialty pork plant focusing on taste and quality with a premium product. Doing things differently, Prime Pork is bringing to market a state-of-the-art pork processing facility focusing on genetics, animal health care and quality feed as a response to the public’s changing preferences in farm-to-table, local food. Prime Pork is part of the broader Taylor family of companies.