Content Writer (7712 )
MentorMate is seeking an experienced writer to join our digital marketing team. In this role, you will work closely with subject matter experts to transform complex subjects into compelling web pages, blog posts, and guides. You’ll be responsible for developing content that increases brand awareness, engagement, lead generation, and client retention.
This position requires a high level of writing proficiency, creativity, and the ability to use data-driven insights to guide content creation. The ideal candidate is a master storyteller with an extensive writing portfolio.
- Marketing writing (brand voice, web, email, brochures, advertising)
- Professional writing (white papers, case studies, articles)
- Content management (editorial planning, calendars, and standards)
- Explorating new mediums to tell stories (co-branded content initiatives, interactive content, and crowdsourced content)
- Working with and holding accountable internal thought leaders who have responsibility for informing blogs, conference presentations, and research
- Managing case study production and conducting client interviews
- Becoming an expert on trends in digital markets and key verticals (healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
- 3+ years as a writer for an agency or digitally-focused company
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Strategic Communication, Marketing or related field
- Must be able to write a wide variety of materials quickly and accurately
- Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Expert ability at sourcing, drafting and securing approvals for a wide range of content written for digital properties
- Ability to be flexible in a fluid and dynamic environment - including dealing with changing processes and priorities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience writing in a B2B environment
- Familiar with search engine marketing, analytics, and optimization strategies
- Familiar with content management systems
About Our Company
MentorMate answers complex business challenges with native, hybrid, cross-platform, and custom software development. We think big, design smart, and develop fast for all screens, projects, and teams. With seven global offices, our teams are located across Minneapolis, Bulgaria, and Sweden. Solutions design, project management, interactive design, and other client-facing operations are led by our team stateside.
MentorMate provides a collaborative culture to match the creativity of the technologists who work here. We blend autonomy and exploration with an entrepreneurial approach to all we do. MentorMate is a place of constant energy, from the physical office space to how team members socialize. MentorMate was founded in 2001 to help business meet their needs with transformative digital solutions. That spirit still drives MentorMate employees today.
MentorMate is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. Taylor companies provide communication services, products and technologies to many of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay. Other perks at MentorMate include:
- An open, collaborative & fun environment
- A fully stocked kitchen with free beverages
- Free company lunch every Wednesday
- Prime location in the heart of Uptown Minneapolis
- Subsidized parking and commuter expenses
- Ping pong, Mario Kart, and grand piano!