IT Intern - Fall 2018 (8289 )
We are seeking an IT Intern with skills/experience/interest in Data Analysis/Data Programming for Fall 2018. This IT Intern will assist with the following tasks:
- Imports data from a variety of sources and media and converts received data into usable formats that can be used with internal applications.
- Query, retrieve, manipulate and display data for the purpose of internal or ad hoc reporting as requested by the customer or project managers
- Work on applications that create production schedules for use by variable solutions and production personnel.
- Work with customer supplied data to create new data or transform data and identifies data relationships through various processes and algorithms.
- Creates and maintain business logic for multiple data sets including direct mail address processing and standardization: merge / purge, ACE and grouping multiple addresses into a single household and so forth
- Work with project managers to retrieve information from database(s) in order to bill a customer or to provide data for internal accounting systems.
- Develop and maintain .Net based applications by reviewing and modifying code to enhance the usability and performance of applications and tools that gain greater efficiency and quality
- Provide end user support to personnel that utilize programmed applications.
- Provide technical documentation on applications including flow charts, specification and end user documentation
- Participate in the testing of programs and systems to ensure proper functionality
As a participant of an internship program, an intern performs various duties and responsibilities as assigned for a function that has relevance to the academic major and future occupational interest of the student. The internship is to provide the student with a hands-on, real-world experience in which they can integrate and apply their knowledge and skills from the classroom and gain additional knowledge and experience. The duties and responsibilities performed will involve the exposure to and application of professional knowledge and judgment.
What you'll gain from your internship
- Direct project experience- you will be in charge of contributing to a project and helping the team achieve their goals.
- Constant feedback and coaching on your performance.
- An understanding of our company's products and services.
- Exposure to working with Fortune 500 clients.
- A very competitive wage.
- Monday-Friday, 15-20 hours per week
- To be eligible to apply, you must currently be an undergraduate or graduate student at Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan University or Heartland Community College, pursuing a degree for the duration of the internship.
- Strong interest in marketing and technology industry.
- Positive attitude and team player! We want you to contribute and share your thoughts and experiences with the team!
Internship hiring process
- Once you apply to be an intern, we will match you to the internship opportunity we think best suits your area of interest and experience.
- We will begin reviewing resumes, and will reach out to qualified candidates to interview for open positions in September.
- We will choose our final internship candidates by early October.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.