Remote Software QA Engineer (8374 )
Taylor Corporation is searching for a remote Software QA Engineer to test various external and internal facing products and applications including web applications, web services, and micro services. The ideal candidate will have experience in development and infrastructure components that assist in planning and developing automation testing of Taylor Corporation product suite.
- Analyzing requirements to determine the testing strategy of different applications and products through automation
- Implementing automation using in-house tools and or stand-alone scripts and code
- Testing APIs, Web applications and Application data in temporary and permanent data stores
- Staying abreast of current technology, new technological advances, and company standards
- Reviewing test cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology or a total of 3 years’ experience in information technology
- 3+ years' experience in testing using automation (open source tools)
- Experience testing distributed n-tier applications
- Experience as a QA Automation Engineer
- Ability to analyze user cases, stories, requirements and or technical specifications into test cases
- Ability to write code for automation of test cases using Stand Alone scripts and web automation frameworks such as Selenium
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and experience in one or more of the following:
- Web Automation Frameworks: Selenium, SOAP UI, JMeter
- Programming Languages: Ability to code expertly in Java
- Build Tools: Jenkins, Grunt
- Operating Systems: Familiar with command line tools on at least one of Windows (Power shell) or Linux (Shell scripting)
- Source Control: Good knowledge of working with at least one Source control system - Git, Stash, SVN etc.
- Working with Remote and Offshore teams
- Experience scripting using multiple languages (shell, groovy, python etc.)
- Experience with Web/Rest Services
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
What's in It for You
You'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top three graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.