Corporate Controller (8454 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Corporate Controller to be located at our headquarters location in North Mankato, MN. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for the oversight of the General Accounting and Accounts Payable Departments. Directly reporting to this position will be the VP-Accounting, VP-AP/AR and the Assistant Controller. The Controller’s role will be to ensure controls are in place to safeguard company assets, to accurately prepare, present and complete financial statements for our company leaders. Strategically, this role provides extensive portfolio and financial analysis recommendations to both corporate and company leadership to allow them to make well educated financial decisions about the future of their companies.
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Goals – Prepare and present summary level consolidated financial reporting packages. Work with key company operational and financial personnel to ensure financial targets are attained. Draw upon mastery of the company’s financial data to identifying and promote new methods of value creation within each business model. Mentor and promote improved financial acumen among key company and financial leaders.
- Ensure Best Practices – Uphold GAAP compliance, disseminate corporate-wide accounting policy and instill excellence in financial operating procedures.
- Corporate Administration – Manage fixed assets and accounts payable, anticipate and implement value creation and growth opportunities.
- Consolidated Activities – Calculate and assess combined figures including quarterly consolidation, bank covenant, and census reporting.
- Financial Statements – Produce and distribute monthly financial statements for company, business units and the Corporate Portfolio.
- Ad hoc Financial Reports – Prepare analyses for CFO, Corporate Officers and business units upon request, explaining complex financial issues clearly and concisely.
- Accounting Oversight – Coordinate annual budgeting process, external audits and personal property tax filings.
- Audit - Coordinates with external auditors
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- 10+ years work experience in corporate finance
- 4+ years in Public Accounting
- 15+ years work experience in corporate finance
- 10+ years in the Manufacturing Industry
- CPA or CMA
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., is one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies (with over 13,000 employees) are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies in addition to millions of small businesses and consumers.