Vice President, Operations Accounting (R1636 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Vice President of Operational Accounting. The position is the primary liaison between Finance and the Company’s manufacturing/distribution operations. The Vice President of Operational Accounting is responsible for providing accurate financial reporting based on consistent costing methodologies across our global operating platform. This role is located in either Mankato, MN or Eden Prairie, MN and reports to Taylor Corporation’s Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversee all aspects of operational accounting function within the company including cost accounting related policies and procedures. Manage the Operational Accounting staff responsible for all cost accounting functions across multiple ERP systems including standard cost development for new products, updates to existing standard costing on an annual basis (or more frequent basis if deemed necessary), inventory obsolescence reserves, new item setup / review, and calculation of labor and overhead rates.
- Partner with Operations Leadership to outline and execute the plan for standardizing cost accounting and reporting methodologies across all facilities.
- Analyze, summarize and report business unit performance against baselines of Forecast, Budget and Prior Year. Identify variances from expected results, risks to projected performance and opportunities for improvement
- Leading role in continued operational process improvement based on financial metrics and KPI’s across all solution sets and operating facilities. Use rigorous analysis of data to provide business unit leadership with real-time awareness of operating trends and areas for improvement.
- Establish Best Practices for Cost Accounting. Ensure proper internal controls and financial integrity for Cost of Goods Produced and Inventory.
- Preparation of month-end forecast for future period Cost of Goods Sold and Margin results. Review accuracy of forecasts and incorporate findings into changes to the forecast model/assumptions.
- Oversight and preparation of annual financial Budget. Execute an efficient planning process that aligns interdependent functional groups to produce an integrated, company-wide plan.
- Develop business cases and ROI analyses to frame resource allocation or growth/divestment decisions. Generate financial frameworks and scenario analysis to guide internal resource allocation and measure profitability returns and effectiveness.
- Manage the Capital Allocation process for Operations. Prepare ROI analysis on all proposed Capital Expenditures to ensure reasonable payback. Perform post mortems on significant expenditures to ensure financial benefit has been achieved.
- Provide important direction on financial systems and data infrastructure. Partner with finance, IT and operational leadership to enhance data quality and accessibility. Identify information requirements, recommend improvements to existing systems and data environments, and work with stakeholders to develop and implement enhancement solutions.
- Provide guidance and oversight on projects/process that impact inventory and COGS. Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related major
- Minimum 10 years of experience with operational/cost accounting in large manufacturing environment with proven progression of responsibilities.
- Proven track record of leading and developing finance teams.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business processes in a broad context
- Possess a positive, consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- Change Agent. The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas of greatest risk are reviewed and issues are covered with management
- Ability to prepare executive-level summaries, conclusions and recommendations based on detail data.
- Ability to get results; can proactively and autonomously drive initiatives and projects from start to finish
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution.
- PC literate with a proficiency in excel and model building
- Masters in Business Administration
- Experience working with multiple ERP’s and large databases
- Experience with implementation of new Financial and/or ERP systems
- High level of confidence while maintaining a humble disposition