Baan Department Lead (7459 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Warehouse Team Lead to work in our Cranbury NJ, location. The position is responsible for leading and directing a group of two or more individuals who perform warehouse duties including shipping and receiving functions.
- Monday - Friday
- Performs at the Lead level and directs others performing warehouse functions. Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items.
- May operate machinery. May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintains work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- May report to Production, Purchasing, or Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor or Manager.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of employees who are typically Non Exempt.
- Performs duties such as some or all of the following: - load and unload trucks, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling device
- coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment. - who count, weigh and identify items and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received.
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped.
- pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment. Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers
- operates standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior warehouse/receiving experience in a lead capacity
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and use a computer operating system to track inventory
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written)
- Requires a strong attention to detail.
- Leads and directs a group of two or more individuals who provide customer service at the Senior and Specialist level via multiple channels.
- Has advanced training to operate the specialized equipment.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals are required to follow instructions
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow safety procedures
- Ability to sit, walk, stoop/bend, kneel, squat, reach, drive (delivery of roll stock)
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Taylor Communications is a recognized leader in the healthcare, financial services, retail and industrial markets. With over a century of expertise and a solutions-driven portfolio, the company helps its customers advance their reputations through improved communication with consumers, patients, employees and other stakeholders.
As a foundation for success, the Taylor Communications Advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top 3 personalized marketing solutions providers in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 12,000+ employees are located across North America, Europe, Bulgaria China, India, and the Philippines, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.