2nd Shift Production Team Lead (8291 )
The Occasions Group is seeking an individual to fill the 2nd Shift Team Lead role in the production department. A Team Lead is responsible for coordinating the day to day operations of a group of employees. He or she leads a group of two or more individuals who perform production work, through assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing technical guidance on more complex issues.
Shift Available: Monday - Thursday 3p-1a; Friday’s and additional hours as needed.
- Acts as a leader for a group of employees in the Finishing area
- Forecasts work hours, manages day to day labor to sales, approves time off in relation to work load
- Plans and establishes work schedules and assignments to meet area goals
- Provides regular feedback to employees on quality and production
- Assigns and monitors work, and reviews progress of work with employees, management and key trainers
- Contributes to the performance review for each employee, however not responsible for the performance reviews or other personnel actions such as increases, promotions, or disciplinary actions
- Motivates employees to perform at their highest ability to help achieve company and departmental goals
- Provides guidance on more complex issues and acts as a resource to answer questions from employees in the Finishing department and for questions coming from other departments
- Ensures employees have the tools and supplies they need to perform their job
- Inspects work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and takes action
- Performs work associated with the department (operating finishing equipment, such as a laser, cutting machine, scoring and folding machine, etc.)
- Instructs and holds employees accountable to policies, procedures, equipment usage, and safety regulations
- Responsible for monitoring area consumables
- Initiates the ordering of supplies through the Treqs process
- Acts as an agent of change in department processes and procedures
- Supports company direction and Taylor Corporation Values
- High School graduate or GED
- Production experience preferred but not required
- Strong desire to provide leadership
- Business knowledge
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and oral communication skills
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office
- Exhibits desired and appropriate professional behavior
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation to maintain an effective working environment as well as ensure continuity of service to customers
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off), and holiday pay.
The Occasions Group is a set of companies out on a mission to help people communicate and celebrate all of life’s most important events through personalized products. We strive to provide our retailers and customers with new designs, services, technologies and tools for selling and ordering our robust line of products including wedding invitations, graduation announcements, baby announcements, party invitations, holiday cards and so much more! Our commitment to our partners is to make it easy and smooth to do business with us and that’s where you come in! Join a motivated team that prides itself on respect, passion for our work and our customers, fresh ideas, responsibility and accountability.