Project Crew Maintenance Mechanics (4) (6681 )
Prime Pork is searching for four (4) project crew maintenance mechanics for their packaging plant in Windom, MN. Candidates will work on plant projects working a 40 hour per week schedule.
These positions are responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing all equipment and company assets while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Prime Pork’s policies and procedures. Positions may be required to work overtime as required. These maintenance positions are responsible for plant projects.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and fabrication procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Lay out positions, align and fit together the fabricated parts of light structural metal
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Produce a finished product that meets recognized standards
- inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate various machines included but not limited to:, drill press, band saw, welder, plasma, etc.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Ability to climb using ladder.
- Agility to walk and work on uneven surfaces
- Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push/pull and/or reach frequently.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.- Comprehend orders and operation procedures
- Maintains and services hydraulic equipment and metal fabrication machinery
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and hydraulic lifting equipment
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawing
- Ability to work 4-10 hour days Friday – Monday
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 80 pounds occasionally
- Ability to occasionally push and/or pull heavy objects
- Ability to frequently bend at the waist and/or knees
- Must be able to climb including ladders, and lift.
- Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions
- Must be able to read and write where required.
- Position requires a drug test and background check.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties.
At Prime Pork we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
The Prime Pork, LLC plant is located in Windom, MN. Prime Pork is a specialty pork plant focusing on taste and quality with a premium product. Doing things differently, Prime Pork is bringing to market a state-of-the-art pork processing facility focusing on genetics, animal health care and quality feed as a response to the public’s changing preferences in farm-to-table, local food. Prime Pork is part of the broader Taylor family of companies. If interested, please contact Linda Sandberg at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.