Product Manager (8395 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Product Manager to join the Taylor Technology Services group and manage a team of analysts responsible for the analysis of new business system development and existing system improvement. This position allocates analysis team resources and monitors deliverables to ensure client needs are met successfully and in a timely fashion. This role also coordinates with other teams to identify and implement new systems to support business function at effective cost.
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality. Work with key stakeholders to develop, elaborate and clarify requirements, their impact and the real, underlying business need. Produce detailed documentation of business requirements. Work with a cross-functional team to ensure fulfillment of product requirements and evaluate product performance. Identify compelling opportunities for improvement and competitive differentiation.
- Solve a variety of complex system and system-related problems for the business as it relates to business requirements and technology, in addition to helping design or implement systems. Lead complex product road mapping and design activities that require extensive research and analysis to guide the application development process.
- Identify and implement process improvement, and drives quantifiable results through facilitating interaction with the business. Understand usage and satisfaction baseline, set goals and regularly measure and report applicable statistics.
- Support multiple initiatives and projects from initiation to implementation. Enable the business processes by understanding user needs and how the tools are integrated in to the daily practice/processes. Participate in user story creation, application testing, issue resolution, and implementation validation.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of internal and external competitive products and produce and maintain analysis of product strengths and weaknesses. Effectively represent and drive business priorities and strategy as decisions are being made about the product road map.
- Partner with implementation and communication teams to formulate strategies that ensure effective roll-out and adoption of application changes, while minimizing disruption to advisors, staff, and end clients. Develop effective partnerships with key vendors, technology domain owners, business stakeholders and capability business architects to ensure product success. Develop key connections with end user community to understand product usage at a deep level.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
- Experience in process flow mapping to document as-is and to-be processes.
- Ability to understand technology as it relates to the business.
- Experience in providing accurate, timely & responsive services on complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage working relationships with both technical and business professionals.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including the ability to communicate technology-related information and clearly detail implementation processes.
- Deep understanding of product management principles and key functions; ability to influence and champion product changes.
- Experience in Agile Scrum project methodology is desirable.
- Experience in the print services industry.
- Knowledge of business process modeling and work flow.
- Understand basic technology/engineering frameworks and tools.
- Experience in data analysis is a plus.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.