Customer Service Representative - Promotional Marketing (7236 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Customer Service Representative in Dayton, Ohio. The position is responsible for maintaining regular contact with customers to process orders, answer questions, and guide customers through product choices and options, provide information on pricing, status of order, address any quality or service concerns, handle complaints or technical questions, and ensure order is completed and shipped on time.
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
- Communicate with customers regarding orders and more complex questions and inquires.
- Process orders from receipt through shipment, conducting follow-ups and monitoring of order progress with minimal decision making authority.
- Responsible for multiple brands or large customers of moderate complexity or multiple moderately complex brands. Likely doing more complex pricing and price adjustments using standard established formulas and variables.
- High School education or above.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related / relevant experience in position or specialization.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Microsoft office systems knowledge
- Promotional Product background
- SalesForce experience
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.