Outsource/Services/Buyer Print & Promotional (R2584 )
Taylor Communications is seeking an Outsource Services Buyer to procure Printing & Promotional products services for resale requiring extensive experience or specialized knowledge of the Print industry. The position is responsible for providing detailed specifications, obtaining quotes from our preferred vendors, and maintaining excellent communication with internal customers.
- Monday through Friday - 8am to 5pm
- Gathers information from sales, (when necessary) to develop detailed specifications for various Print & Promotional products for singular or multiple item requests. Using these specifications, solicits quote requests to qualified vendors using the company designated processes and procurement tools. Determines best pricing and best value. Provide Sales with proactive communication regarding progress of quote request while working within tight time deadlines.
- Ability to describe specifications from documentation provided by sales. Procures finished goods & services for resale, utilizing established vendors and/or contacting new vendors as alternative sources of supply when vendors within strategic sourcing database are not suitable. Makes substitution recommendation where savings in cost, quantity, quality, or better delivery can be realized.
- Support the RFQ team on regional opportunities as needed.
- Works with their regional Central Order Processing (COP) team to resolve various supplier and sales issues/concerns/requests after a P.O. has been issued.
- Works with Sourcing Manager to qualify/request new strategic suppliers. Works with Vendor Relations to address concerns/issues and possible removal of strategic suppliers from our database.
- Help support Senior Outsource Services Buyers with job duties as assigned by Sourcing Manager.
- Knowledge of various product categories related to Print.
- Minimum 3-5 years significant Print & Promotional Products purchasing experience.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to maintain a positive and calm demeanor at all times.
- Energetic, motivated, willing to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written, including problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment and fluid organizational structure.
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Access database skills
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.