Shipping Clerk (2nd shift) (7130 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Shipping Clerk to package and ship product in conformance with customer requirements. This position is responsible for final inspection of finished goods against order specifications, completing product documentation and shipping paperwork according to standards, as well as performing other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday,
- 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Receive finished product from finishing area; monitor quality of finished product in adherence to product standards; advise supervisor of quality problems
- Complete documentation process of product to be shipped
- Shrink-wrap (as requested), box and label product according to customer specifications; as required, weigh packaged product to insure adherence to carrier weight limitations
- Transport boxed product to assigned area
- Complete required carrier paperwork and, as necessary, contact carrier or transportation company for product pick up
- Enter order status in order entry system
- Generate custom, computerized UPS or express tracking labels/invoices for overseas shipments
- Maintain computerized blanket order label inventory and, as indicated, release product for packaging and shipment to customer
- Maintain and organize working area and packing supplies
- Follow safety procedures and maintain cleanliness of work area
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of high school (or GED)
- One year prior experience demonstrating attention to detail and math skills
- Good verbal communication skills are necessary for communicating with press operators, coworkers and carriers concerning shipping requirements
- Good math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and decimals
- Ability to measure accurately using a ruler
- Computer/keyboard skills
- Ability to follow packaging/shipping directions
- Ability to meet performance standards
- Ability to work as a team member to service customers
- Good recordkeeping/documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated record of consistently good attendance/punctuality
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Knowledge of shipping carriers and procedures
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.