Engineering Manager (6561 )
Travel Tags, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Manager to be Responsible for day-to-day management of the Engineering department including staffing, performance feedback, discipline/coaching, and training. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the project management for all Process Improvement and Process CAPEX projects in development, approved, and/or in progress. The incumbent will also lead NPD engineers through the Production Realization Process.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ability to scope, plan, and execute projects to budget and timeline.
- Monitor performance and conduct all performance evaluations of Engineering staff
- Monitor process performance metrics and day-to-day process activities; identify trends in various areas of production data, along with recommend improvements to maximize productivity and efficiency relating to process waste, speed, delay and raw material usage
- Manage the coordination and implementation of new product offerings and process improvements.
- Standardize and manage manufacturing process requirements and process maps
- Perform engineering process qualification or evaluation as needed, which includes generating and executing test plans, data collection and analysis, reporting and communication status and results to stakeholders
- Incorporate safety into all aspects of the department and ensure safe working conditions during all activities within the manufacturing environment
- Support Operations with problem solving and technical expertise
- Identify and drive new equipment design, purchase, installation and start-up
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Three (3) – five (5) years in Engineering Management or Engineering Leadership; experience supervising technical resources
- Three (3) – five (5) years in a world-class Lean organization
- Three (3) – five (5) years of project management experience
- Three (3) – five (5) years of experience on Lean tool use/practical application; ability to utilize Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC and FMEA tools to solve problems
- Masters in Engineering Management or Business Management
- Proven track record in managing to get results
- Three (3) – five (5) years in an organization that has gone through cultural transformation
- Three (3) – five (5) years in managing a budget
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay..
Travel Tags Was founded in 1973, as a manufacturer of luggage tags and travel accessories. We produced our first gift card in 1999, entering what is now a $100 billion growth industry. Today, we are known as the preeminent solutions provider in the ever-changing stored-value market, and we ship hundreds of millions of gift cards through the world each year.
Our turnkey solutions include design, eCommerce, card manufacturing, data management, secure packaging, and a broad range of specialty print technologies that help create lasting impressions for some of the world’s most prominent brands. Our world-class solutions have earned us the most coveted industry accolades, including the International Card Manufacturer’s Élan Award, People’s Choice Award, Judges’ Choice Award, and Best Gift Card of the Year.