Waste Water Treatment Operator (7543 )
Prime Pork is searching for a wastewater treatment operator. The operator is responsible for the operation of all procedures of an activated sludge wastewater plant. This includes daily tests to ensure the stability of the system. The operator is responsible for operating dissolved air flotation equipment, polymer feed pumps and feed rates as set by jar testing, sludge return pump rates and wasting rates as prescribed by daily calculations. In addition, a Wastewater Operator handles ferric chloride calculation, filtration of wastewater before discharge, U.V. disinfection, and any conditions that may arise during the operation of the plant. The operator is also required to do maintenance, as needed, to keep plant in operation.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Mechanical background.
· Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift.
· Ability to withstand higher levels of noise, dust and odors associated with livestock on a daily basis.
· Ability to bend or move in order to complete job tasks.
· Ability to sit, stand, squat, walk, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
· Ability to work in areas of extreme heat and cold conditions.
· Ability to read and write, as required.
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a daily basis.
· Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug test.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain high expectations for self, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
· Ability to function in a fast paced changing work environment.
· Solid problem solving, project management, multi- tasking and prioritization skills.
· Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
· Math skills.
· Troubleshooting skills.
· Must be willing to attain MDEQ State Certification.
· Other Certifications helpful: A-1b, A1i, A2b, A-2c, B- 2a, C-2a, C-3.