Product Owner - Product Information Management (8575 )
Taylor Digital is seeking team-oriented systems-thinker to be the Product Owner for our Product Information Management (PIM) system. As the Product Owner of our PIM, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of new features and definition of new processes related to the setup, migration, and maintenance of products that Taylor sells to our customers.
You’ll shape the way that our customers experience our products across a variety of industries and channels. You’ll help create best-in-class experiences by continually improving our product data model, evolving our product taxonomy, and improving processes for the Item Setup team and PIM system.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be an exceptional collaborator who can take input from multiple stakeholders and turn that into a future-state solution. You’ll work across technical and business teams to define, build, and communicate the future of product data for our organization. The Product Owner will interact with the Ecommerce, Microservices, Configurator and Production teams to define roadmaps and stories. In addition, you’ll collaborate with Implementation, Customer Service, Training and Item Setup teams to ensure clear definition and execution of related business processes.
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality. Work with key stakeholders to develop, elaborate and clarify requirements, their impact and the real, underlying business need. Work with a cross-functional team to ensure fulfillment of product requirements and evaluate product performance. Identify compelling opportunities for improvement and competitive differentiation.
- Solve a variety of complex system and system-related problems for the business as it relates to business requirements and technology, in addition to helping design or implement systems. Lead complex product roadmapping and design activities that require extensive research and analysis to guide the application development process.
- Identify and implement process improvement, and drive quantifiable results through facilitating interaction with the business. Understand usage and satisfaction baseline, set goals and regularly measure and report applicable statistics.
- Support multiple initiatives and projects from initiation to implementation. Enable the business processes by understanding user needs and how the tools are integrated in to the daily practice/processes. Participate in user story creation, application testing, issue resolution, and implementation validation.
- Effectively represent and drive business priorities and strategy as decisions are being made about organizational goals and the portfolio roadmap.
- Partner with implementation and communication teams to formulate strategies that ensure effective roll-out and adoption of application changes, while minimizing disruption to advisors, staff, and end clients. Develop effective partnerships with key vendors, technology domain owners, business stakeholders and capability business architects to ensure product success. Develop key connections with end user community to understand product usage at a deep level.
- Create and maintain product documentation to support technical and business audiences.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience as a Business Analyst, Product Owner/ Manager, or PIM Specialist in an ecommerce, retail, or printing/manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in process flow mapping to document as-is and to-be processes.
- Ability to understand technology as it relates to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage working relationships with both technical and business professionals.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including the ability to communicate technology-related information and clearly detail implementation processes.
- Experience in an Agile Scrum team.
- Experience working with Product Information Management systems.
- Knowledge of business process modeling and workflow.
- Knowledge of data modeling best practices.
- Deep understanding of product management principles and key functions; ability to influence and champion product changes.
- The current team is really strong on analyzing data and delivering within our team. An opportunity to level-up the team would be to bring someone in that’s really strong on cross-team planning/analysis/communication.
- Training & documentation are more important to this role than other product management roles due to the user impacts of EPC.
- This person should be comfortable not only reviewing/documenting requirements, but driving them. Due to the nature of the role, this role is often creating stories and epics based on observations, conversations and current-state views to shape what a future state should look like.