Quality/EHS Manager (7539 )
Taylor Communications is seeking a Quality Manager for the Fresno label facility. This position is responsible for establishing and implementing processes that ensure exceptional quality in accordance with Taylor Communications policies. The Quality Manager will ensure customer satisfaction by minimizing cost due to poor quality through a preventive quality assurance plan, training, and maintaining a robust ISO 9000 system. The Quality Manager also has responsibilities for the Employee Health and Safety program.
- 8am to 5pm
- Follow policies and procedures outlined in the company handbook and comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
- Assist the sales, customer service and production staff to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction related to quality problems through immediate, objective, and thorough processing of customer complaints and defective product claims.
- Participates in meetings and originates written reports for purpose of exchanging ideas about quality issues.
- Oversee and/or audit all Customer required QA check lists.
- Supervise daily activities of Quality Inspectors.
- Support production departments in maintaining calibration of all equipment.
- Communicate effectively with the Plant Manager, All Department Supervisors, reporting to and informing them regularly of all eCAR/error activity, and making weekly report outs.
- Assist the Production Supervisors in ensuring performance of all quality procedures, and to maintain plant set quality levels on all jobs.
- Conduct internal Audits, to monitor quality, and accuracy, of all orders to ensure client commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets client requirements, and submit the findings to the Plant/Production Manager.
- Create and issue eCARs when necessary and follow up until the issue is resolved.
- Maintain records of all activity for the plant eCAR system. Prepares SOPs and or reports as needed.
- Direct responsibility for all quality issues and successful maintenance of ISO 9000 certification, incoming raw materials, and spoilage.
- Complete PPAP documentation and promote cGMP expectations where applicable.
- Assist sales on troubleshooting calls to customers.
- Interact with divisional quality leadership to promote best practice sharing and further a culture of continuous improvement.
- Administer Great Catch, Bright Idea and Above & Beyond programs for the Fresno facility.
- Coordinate CI efforts, teams, reporting, etc. in conjunction with the Fresno Leadership Team.
- Maintain compliance to all Federal, State and Local regulations, including but not limited to, OSHA, EPA, SARA requirements.
- Provide leadership to the Maintenance Department, coordinating activities in support of Production requirements and Facility needs.
- Provide training as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- 4 years of experience working in the printing industry.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of Flexographic and Digital printing.
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing quality.
- Experience with Gmp, ISO, and label converting.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage of our health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial, and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.